Burgaw, North Carolina
5.0

I purchased a beautiful aqua Huffy 3 speed womans cruiser bicycle 2 weeks ago from Wal-Mart - everything seemed to work smoothly until this morning.I went on my morning ride in my neighborhood, and while I was going downhill I noticed a slight movement in the handlebars - then suddenly the handlebars came lose and collapsed, making the bicycle totally uncontrollable.

Lucky that it was early in the a.m., no traffic - I started to fall on the road but leaned very hard to the right so I would land in the marshy area. There was no warning that this was about to happen. I inspected the handlebar - which was secured with 2 allen-type screws - apparently one had loosened, making the handlebars pitch forward. One of the photos I've attached is the metal shavings that were under the clamp nut.

I walked the bike home 2 miles, got out my camera and took pictures.

I have a 3 year contract, but will be taking this bike back for a refund - tightening the screws will only be a temporary fix. This is a bicycle that I see alot of children and older people in the coastal area of North Carolina ride. It's a bit terrifying that this can happen, without warning.

Lucky that I was strong enough to force the bike to fall in a better direction than the asphalt - or in front of a car.This is a very dangerous design that needs to be looked into before more people are injured.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of huffy bicycle from Huffy and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Huffy to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was potential rolling death trap, handlebars that collapse without notice and complete loss of control of bicycle. Author liked the most beautiful retro design and great colors. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Huffy for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Huffy?

Comments